2011/06/30

Today, I'm gonna be a bwitch...

... and tomorrow, I don't know yet. Because sometimes being a princess just gets too boring.


Yet another Drawing Lab exercise: A portrait of my Mum "Modigliani-style" (@Satia: be prepared! ;D). I think it actually really looks a bit like her. Don't tell her I said that.


This is a quick blind contour of my parents sitting outside on the terrace. Mum usually tries not to show it too much, but I think she's often a bit offended by these...


Aaand another one: A dog. Obviously.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love that witch! Brilliant!

Alex said...

Very expressive bunch Evi! =) I think they are great

Satia said...

Oh I don't have to be prepared. My daughter does. Oh wait. I guess if she does a portrait of me . . . oooh . . . I've been begging her to do one for ages so this would be so cool!

I love the witch too. It reminded me immediately of the first sketch I saw of yours that made me sit up and say, "I need to follow this person." Remember the bellydancing? I loved the humor of the two images. "This is how I think I look. This is how I really look."

Even as I type this I am smiling because even the memory of it makes me happy.

christina said...

I Love your artwork its wonderful!!!

Sandra said...

The variety of your work is outstanding.

jenna said...

Yes, royalty gets so dull at times.

These are gorgeous!

ANAIS G. BURGOS said...

Evi you are full of creativity, no doubt...
Love it!;-)

Anonymous said...

I love the witch painting - fantastic illustration.
And wow...that really looks like your Mum...ok, ok...I have never seen her but all you need is a bit of imagination :-)
Great artwork.

Stew.