2011/06/07

Bye-bye India

Hello my beloved readers! After such a long time, you might be as surprised as my granny to hear that I haven't been killed by a tiger (or - statistically more likely - by that nasty plague I caught at the end of my travels). Indeed, I've been looking for tigers (not for mean stomach bacteria though). Although, unfortunatly but not surprisingly, I couldn't find any (although the bacteria found me).
Anyways, I'm back and, even though I didn't meet my ambitious goal of filling my whole book, I've got some sketches for you as souvenirs. All of them (but two, which have an acrylics background done with leftover paint before my departure) are ink sketches done with a brush pen with a splash of watercolor. Perfect travel equipment in terms of minimum weight and volume, but as much as I love watercolor, by now I can't wait to get my hands dirty with acrylics or doodle around with coloured pencils again. I get bored rather soon if I have to limit myself to only one medium for too long.
Alright, enough blah, here are the first four (as usual, bigger version after the jump):




9 comments:

debra morris said...

Welcome back Eva, hope you had a good time despite the stomach bacteria...great sketches, looking forward to seeing more. Namaste

Shirley said...

Glad you're back and posted some of your lovely travel sketches.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home and glad to hear you survived the adventure. I love the peaceful ashram scene.
Sue

Sasa said...

Great to see your India sketches, they have lovely atmosphere.

Sandra said...

So glad to be able to peek at your sketches. Hope that the trip was all that you wanted (except for the bacteria). Nice idea to paint the pages before you went.

Shalini said...

Welcome back! What a beautiful collection of sketches and memories.. Hope you had a lovely stay..

Cathy Holtom said...

Nice to see you back and with sketches too!

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Welcome back home Evi, glad to see you didn't end up as tiger snack : ) Too bad about teh bug you caught though, I hope you are feeling better. I like the sketches, especially the one with the chair, the plants some how jump of the page, and the colours are ver nice. All teh other pictures are nice too, beautiful places. Looking forward to see what else you drew, again, welcome back!!!

Alex said...

Welcome back Evi! Love these sketches you've posted up, and I am sure more will come