2011/06/09

Saris, chapatis and Norwegian singers

There we go, another four.
This shows the awesome woman we met on a walk. It's fascinating what a nice time you can have together without speaking the same language (I must admit my Tamil is... substandard).


In the ashram I met a Norwegian girl who wrote her own songs (the lyrics in the next sketch are totally Christin Larsen's and not mine!). She had the most angelic voice on earth, seriously.


Everytime I look at this one, I feel the urge to apologize. Sorry Shannon and Polina. I didn't mean to...


This lady isn't only a great yoga teacher but also a fantastic ayurvedic cook. I loved the food but I know my(lazy)self too well, so I didn't even try to remember any of the recipes except this one: Chapatis - one of my favorites and simple enough to make it at home (Yes! I swear! I actually already did!).

8 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

What a great adventure you had and you have such a wonderful journal to remember it.

You draw people really well and I love the colors.

xoxo

Sandra said...

Enjoyed each piece!

Timaree said...

Great job on all the people you've drawn and painted here. They add so much to a travel journal.

Ellen Burkett said...

You are doing wonderful work! Fabulous!!!

Deborah said...

Wow fabulous! You are very good with people and I just love your dark, wide lines. What a wonderful memory of your trip. You really captured some moments here.

Shirley said...

I'm really enjoying yor travel sketchbook pages.

debra morris said...

Just been catching up on your last three posts, all beautiful Eva

Alex said...

the sketches are beautiful Evi =) I am so curious of your time in India. I've love to go there someday