2011/06/29

100 Faces - #1 and #2

Another inspiring assignment from Carla Sonheim's Drawing Lab: Draw 100 faces.
Since that's something I could use some practice in anyway...

#1: A Hijra in black and red ballpoint pen (reference: the film/documentary Between The Lines).


#2: A man with funny ears, lines, and a moustache (reference: newspaper).


My scanner doesn't quite like them it seems, it keeps doing weird things. Whatever.

10 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Oh, my! These are wonderful!

xoxo

Ann said...

Fantastic!

Satia said...

Well, your scanner may not like them but I love them.

Monkie said...

Wow! They are great!!!

Dan Kent said...

OMG - You have other talents hidden behind all of these cartoons. These are magnificent!!

magpie said...

what a terrific beginning! love both of these. I especially like the man - so expressive. love the way it's cropped (don;'t know whether that's you or the newspaper reference but its a good choice either way)

Sandra said...

Wow! what a pleasant surprise to see this detailed sketches. You certainly have command of more than one style.

E*phi said...

Thank you everybody!
@magpie: the cropping is mine, the newspaper picture was much bigger (maybe it was more about laziness than artistic judgement ;D )

Alex said...

Great work, great project really! =) Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

I love these - especially the one of your mother.