
This is what I wore last Thursday (seriously). It was the sunniest day after a way too long series of depressingly gray and rainy ones. I went to the luthier to bring back the two violins she had lent me to try them out. It was a tough decision which one to take. One was a Chinese violin in a nice red color, very shiny and new. And much cheaper (because it's a factory violin). The other was an old one that had been played with a lot, obviously. Somehow it had some kind of character and "life" in it. And even though it was almost twice the price (which was already "cheap" for it), I fell in love with it the first time I held it in my hands. So, yeah, I took it. I have my very own violin now! Yay!!
Just to celebrate this awesome day (which would be almost sunny if there wasn't that stupid plume from Eyjafjallajökull or whatever it is), another little nonsense scribble from last week:

14 comments:
A very nice post.
I think now you should draw the violin, no?
xoxo
I like your new hair do and your outfit. Great capture.
A wonderful outfit indeed! Congrats on the new old violin- character means a lot. Beautiful drawings as always!
What a little cutie you are, and I Love that you play the violin!! You just rock!!! nancy
love this self-portrait
Wow! Violin?!! You're multi-talented ^^
Love the colors and the styles. And yes I do agree that the little sugary creature is fantastic ^^
I love your drawing style. Your portrait looks wonderful and I would'nt mind eating up that creamy cup-cake.
This is a delightful post and lovely drawings. Is that a skull and crossbones on the cupcake flag?
Fun drawings. Glad that you went with your heart on the violin choice.
So, Glad you have violin. I miss my trombone. I do not think I will ever have another one. Kind of silly now. I do have an Indian Flute. Flute and Buffalo Soldier are going to go to the deary wet Ocean Beach in Lynn, MA and play. Hopefully, the Seagulls will not be offended. So, sorry the ash is bothering you in Austria. Hopefully, this will go away or the wind will change. I get regular updates on the situation in Europe as I work for a transport company -- We do Air Freight. We may go pull Duck Boats to cross the Atlantic Again. D Day celebration is not far away. (( Circle of His Healing Hugs and Love Always to all of You!))
Look forward to hearing some of your playing.
Sherrie Roberts
Great sketch! You have a great sense of color, and humor!
Revelle
Yes! Do draw the violin! :)Congratulations on getting one!
Fun sketch. I guess we could call it a self portrait! Lucky you to be able to play a violin.
Awesome sketch. I can relate to the violin. I play one too (though not great). I do love it though.
Post a Comment