2010/04/04

International Fake Journal Month

You may have noticed the new button on my sidebar. It is April, International Fake Journal Month! For full detail, please visit Roz' blog where she describes the whole project. Although, it's actually quite simple. It's basically a combination of challenging yourself a bit and having fun. So, I... err... found this journal and over the next weeks I'll share its little secrets with you. Here are the first few pages... (since the author's handwriting is illegibly minuscule I transcribed the words below the respective pictures)


This is the diary of Raven R. van Heavensong

I got myself some spectrespecs today.
They were free, coming with a
magazine I bought.

Actually, I think they're pretty
silly. Just bought that crap because
the girl selling them was
so freaking cute.

I wish I had an owl.

I've been in Hogsmead today and I
bought this hairclip. But it doesn't
stay in my hair. I think it's
too short.

I could write to mum!! (around envelope)

I want a pet so so bad. I
really hope dad will get me
one this year for Easter.

Today, I was absolutely fascinated by the huge fire and dad's fob watch. He says it's older than our family.

Seriously, a gold fish. A GOLDFISH!!...

I don't believe it! How can he
give me a goldfish for Easter?
Is he trying to get me bullied
or what? How uncool is that?

Oh, well. I named him
Herbert. I guess he won't deliver my letters,
though.

11 comments:

Shalini said...

I think they are nice as they are... Interesting.. I am yet to read through the Fake Journal info, but looks interesting so far

Holly Renee said...

What a cool project! And your pictures are delightful. You are so talented.

Melinda said...

This looks great! I can't read all of the writing, so I'll be anxious to find out all of the details when you post the scans. The drawings are terrific. Love the line work!

Tante Helga said...

Amazing <3 I just love it!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to more of your fake journal!! What fun!

Roadchick said...

Love it!!! Great idea. Can't wait to see what comes next!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! These are terrific! I almost did a Harry Potter motif also...so glad that I didn't! (I couldn't have done anything this exciting!)

Sarah said...

Looks like fun - don't we all want to be in a HP novel...

Ramona Davidson said...

Very inventive.

donna said...

Great work!

Minerva said...

I am so enjoying your fake journal! Actually, I should say "we" because my daughter saw it too and yelled in excitement when she saw the word "Ravenclaw". Great sketches and stories, we can't wait for the following!