2010/04/18

You better love it

I made a card. You better love it.


Isn't everyone living with a cat familiar with this kind of generosity?

I made even more weird stuff today! Look:


Yes, it's an owl. Yes, it's totally useless. It hasn't got a keyring, it's too big to be a brooch, I forgot to sew a magnet in to make it a fridge magnet... So, it's an owl. Just because. I find it somehow comforting that (against my usual strivings) not everything needs to serve a higher purpose. An owl in itself. Almost zen.

You see, I'm really trying hard not to work on my thesis.

10 comments:

Creatively Lisa said...

I love your purposeless owl! He is really cute and if he makes you smile then he now has a purpose!

Pat Ridiot said...

Needless to say it's made me smile. Simply adorable!

Alex said...

I really like the cat drawing. ^^ My cat is still trying to terrorize everything including my hand, so he's not bringing me any food yet =)
Again, beautiful and vibrant colors!
The owl is SUPER ADORABLE!!!

nanke's stuff said...

I love the cat cartoon - you captured the look of them perfectly! And Lisa's right about the owl - it made all of us smile! nancy

Sketch Gurl said...

I love your card and the owl looks cute too.

Unknown said...

Funny! Yes, those wonderful presents I receive! Including the occasional live snake!

Cute owl!

Laura said...

aww thanks :)

i like the owl! i made a little acorn the other day with no brooch or magnet and now it's just propped on my shelf.

i definitely agree, i'm glad it hasn't taken too long being stuck in an office for me to realise that i don't want to be constantly counting down the hours of my life.

Alex said...

7 years and still ambushing you? ^^ that's funny! Ah well, Oni is never to be an indoor cat in the first place. Once he's old enough, he'll be out roaming and hunting for things to play with, and come home whenever he's hungry. I don't want him to be one of those lazy and fat cats(actually those are cute too).
Thanks for your concern, my wrist is getting better*I think* ^^

Lightning Heart said...

Hello!
You won my givewaway!
Could you please email me your postal address to pheebsyeah [at] hotmail [dot] com

Yay!

kazumiwannabe said...

Love the card. It's revolting, but the drawing is awesome : ) . Your owl is so adorable, I'm jealous, I need to make one.
Great laptop drawing, in your post below. Vladimir is a great name! (mine is just called Mon Chéri).