2012/09/02

From zine release party back to earth

Ah, yes. Whenever you're about to fall victim to the naive idea that the world is the comfortable, fun, safe place that the queer zine release party you just attended would make you believe, there's always some "nice" guy around, ready to get your ass back to reality...


I hope that some day I will be able to be more courageous and actually tell people off for their douchebag behavior instead of just trying to quietly and quickly get the fuck out of the situation. I guess I just value my life too high to get into any trouble that could have been avoided. Even though, I wish I was a little less survival driven and a little more badass...

Now on to something more pleasant:
The zine that was released at the party is awesome! It's called "The Misadventures of Awkward Queers" and you might want to get it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You were polite and did the right thing. I'm proud of you for not freaking out on him. Creep.

misadventures of awkward queers said...

sorry to hear about your experience after the zine release party. I hope it didn't ruin the mood of your night too much. But thanks for the mention on your blog :) ... your illustrations are great!!! if you ever consider contributing to the next issue of the zine i would be more than happy to include your work.

E*phi said...

@awkward queers:
It's alright, one (sadly) kinda gets used to it. And most of all, the party was absolutely worth it! ;)
Oh, and thanks for the compliment! ^///^ Whooop whooop, yeahhh!!! I'd definitely, absolutely L.O.V.E. to contribute something to the next issue! <3

Pam Huggins said...

Unfortunately, there will always be guys out there who act just like this. What a creepy predator! Damn.

You handled it just right. Moving away from danger is often way more effective than confronting it. AND- you made this FANTASTIC comic out of the experience!

I'm so glad the zine party was such a success. It's good to have little pockets of comfortable fun places to be. I'm off to check out the zine link!

misadventures of awkward queers said...

we're now accepting contributions for the next issue :) would love to have some of your work in the next issue and issue 1 is available as a pdf copy :)

E*phi said...

Ooooh, thanks for the heads up! I should definitely be able to make something for your fabulous zine since there's time until February. Are there any "requirements" (formal stuff, like, resolution or something? Or minimum/maximum length?).

misadventures of awkward queers said...

for artwork it should be min 300dpi(cymk) and should fit a5 or double a5 pages :)