2011/01/12

Sketchbook Project - almost there!

I'm not so very happy with these pages, but anyway. Time is short. It's almost done!


There are two things I want to say about this:
1) The most realistic aspect of this sketch is probably the size of the pencils - turquoise and violet-blue have been among my all-time favorites since kindergarten.
2) Straight lines are devil's work! Seriously. I'm just no good at straight-lined objects. (Maybe a reason why I'm not too fond of drawing buildings...)

Aaaand the last page (aka house advertising):


Not entirely there yet, though. I still have the very first page (yeah, totally copped out and left it empty till now) and the cover.

11 comments:

nanke's stuff said...

Can't imagine why you're not totally happy with this spread! The pencils look real, and there's not a wobbly line in the whole darn thing! The shine on the pencils is perfect! It's a wonderful little book and I hope you show us the first page and cover when you finish! nancy

winna said...

How trompe l'oeil of you with the pencils ! Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

It's fantastic!!! I've really been enjoying all the work you've been posting. (I was going to say digging but thought that might be too old school. But it's true- I'm digging it!)

Satia said...

Here we have snow, a rarity in Georgia, and everything is white and grey and somewhat glaring.

Then these pages exploding with spring and color and brightness. Thank you. I needed the infusion.

Cathy Holtom said...

Looks fantastic to me, the whole book is!

Alex said...

Very nice Evi! =) I have a color pencil case and pencils just like that. ^^
Like the last page and you're right about turquoise, they are pretty addictive!

Sandra said...

Gee, I wanted to pick the pencil off the page. Congrats on being almost done. Hey, you have another 24 hours.

pernette said...

the pencils are just wonderfull , don't bother about straights lines, you 've done a REALLLY good job

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is photo-realism. I really looked twice, whether it is a photo or not. Normally photor-realism doesn't interest me very much (better make a photo), but I really like this drawing, because of the subject and bright colours.

Dan Kent said...

Excellent pages!!! (Straight lines aren't my thing either - but I like these). Love the shameless promotion.

donna said...

I really like the colored pencils, Turquoise is my favorite too! But I LOVE the last page with the self portrait.