


I've got about a million variations of this theme in my head (well, almost) which I might decide to work on for my portfolio thingy some time.
For my non-German-speaking readers: "Du fehlst mir" means "I miss you". It's supposed to be a word play (more obvious in German - directly translated it's more like "I lack you").

8 comments:
Well, I don't speak German, but I sure do like the way it looks! nancy
p.s., I also like the idea of "I lack you". I takes on a whole new connotation!
It looks good - I like the yellow with the scrawly du - it seems to pack more punch for me.
I enjoy seeing ideas take shape. Thanks for sharing your process. And I like the idea of I lack you too!
Yes, I like that idea too. And the second is my favorite!
German is odd ^^ English is as weird anyway :p
I like the 2nd one too, but the "d" is not as pronounced.
Can I say "Ich vermisse dir"? maybe too many words to draw... ^^
Thanks everybody! The second one is my favorite too, actually.
@Alex: Yeah, the "D" looks a bit too much like an "O". Not sure if you can see it in the scan, but the letters (in the second) are burnt into the paper which was a less precise method than I expected, unfortunately ;D
And yes, "Ich vermisse dich" would mean about the same. :)
I love logos - I've designed one or two myself - and this is great.
I'd say that each one evokes a different feeling. The first and the last are bold and confident, and the second is more vulnerable.
Post a Comment