Didn't we all love cartoons? And didn't we learn so much watching them? No matter if our little brains wanted to or not? Thank you, Disney, for teaching me to distinguish good from bad. Now, how about finally becoming aware of your power and the accompanying responsibility and acting accordingly? I'm looking forward to the first movie I would feel wholeheartedly comfortable with showing to my potential children.

Because it just makes me feel sick (and sad) thinking of how far the pressure to be "perfect" has gone:

Dear women who consider genital surgery (for "aesthetic" reasons),
have you ever thought about what else you could do with those thousands of dollars? Seriously, do yourself a favor and better spend that money on fancy designer vibes or a good therapist, for example. Because you're worth it.

13 comments:
something I never heard of but I sure like your snese of humor and how well you sketch !
you're working hard Evi.....great comment and sketch about Disney!
How many more pages are you going to do?
I have to say, I had to look this up. Thank goodness that genital aesthetics isn't something we gave a second thought to in my generation, though we had plenty of other insecurities about our bodies and our looks. Thank you for using your art to make a statement. It's powerful and your drawings are very good!
You might be waiting a while - you do know that Disney had Nazi sympathies? and that Disneyworld still has a scene where women re in chains and supposedly for 'sale' as brides? People have protested but to no avail - see here: http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2010/10/22/disney-ride-still-makes-light-of-sex-slavery/
your pages are excellent - a great message very well expressed!
Hahahaha... I do agree with the Disney's illustration of yours, and yeah I believe the Octopus is gonna get the prince. I am trying out a game called "Fat Princess" now on PS3 and the sound of it is just funny!
Great illustration of the surgery thingy by the way, and yes I think people should stay out of the unnecessaries
Too funny and also so very true (you struck a cord with these), my daughter loves disney and everything princess (its an autistic dream world) and her being autistic is good in one way because she sees them as a pretty thing, all glitter and pretty songs and colours... and not doing what most girls do, compair their bodies... I fought eating disorder as a teen, it was horrible and it screwed up my body for life... It would just break my heart if one of my kids felt like that.. But I have to tell you, its great how you were able to put that in one picture, its an eye opener. Love your work (both pictures) and great topics.
YOU GO GIRL!!!!
You made me laugh out loud. Thanks!
Aesthetic Genital Surgery? Good grief! These are wonderful pages with a powerful message... you rock!! nancy
LOL! I rarely even put on makeup to go into town...I can't imagine going to these extremes for appearances!! Wonderful pages!
In The Netherlands some years ago a documentary maker made a feminist manifesto on video against genital surgery. It was a funny and shocking and very succesfull film. But, the strange result was, that because of this film more women were aware that you can do genital surgery and so now more then ever genital surgery is performed here. Strange effect.
HAHAHA.....those are fantastic, Evi! :D
She must be slim to get the prince, but he has to be a prince to get her.
(we don´t even have to know his name)
He even has to be good locking AND a prince.
@Christian: Well, yeah, of course he's good looking. Just like *all* princes, right? (I totally agree with your point!)
Also: What the heck makes marriage a (required) happy end (and generally *the* happy end of way too many Disney movies)? I mean, she's sixteen (I don't think we ever get to know his age)!
Post a Comment