2010/12/21

Sketchbook Project - Goddesses

A goddess of (everyday) life...


... and a goddess of hunt.

((Did I mention how much I love my little Diana?))

It isn't very obvious in the scan but the greenish-yellow part is actually very thick fluorescent acrylic paint (those shadows aren't painted but result from the surface structure - I didn't apply that paint particularly sparingly).
I have a thing for interesting surfaces and it always costs me tremendous amounts of self-control not to touch every single plastical looking or pastosely painted piece of an exhibition. I do hope people will enjoy feeling and touching my sketchbook when it goes on tour. May it be loved (or hated) and explored and rubbed and fumbled with to death (and then, may people take the remainings as souvenirs)!

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Great pages......I too am trying to enjoy the process.

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

I like these two pages, two very different styles, moods and views. I really like the top one the best, it has so much feeling to it and the work on it is very good (love her face). Very good!!

Alex said...

Awesome pages Evi! I like the use of just blue on the top, and the interesting looking camera ^^ thanks for your comments and have a merry Christmas!

Sandra said...

Love how you have stretched the topic of goddesses.

Unknown said...

There is no chance that it will be hated! None! I love it!

debra morris said...

Great pages Evi ! I agree with Raena, no one will hate it