2010/12/25

Purple

I hardly ever do acrylics and there's a reason for it. I just can't handle them without ending up frustrated with the results (so, if you have any book recommendations or anything like that, I'd be most grateful). Anyway, I'm using up these canvases now. They've been lying around wasting precious space in my room for about two years and I'm glad about every single piece that doesn't have to move with me when I leave this place.


My sister said it looks like a purple pussy explosion. I kind of like that interpretation.

9 comments:

Pat Ridiot said...

I pretty much like M.'s way of thinking... and expressing her thoughts.

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with your sister. this would be my first interpretation too. :'D

Alex said...

I've never used acrylic before =) But I think it's a very nice drawing...explosion is there alright and it's purple, and the rest is imagination I guess ^^

kazumiwannabe said...

I love it! And I love your sister's interpretation, it made me laugh out loud - even if I don't see it the same way. It feels soft and joyous to me, but maybe that's what she meant, who knows what each of us put behind our words ^^ ?

Spinneretta said...

LOL well it's a great name for a painting that I think once you remove yourself from the emotions you had initially, that you will end up liking :)

Unknown said...

eh...no, sorry, not a fan of the title. Do like the picture though!

I tried to do an acrylic about a year ago. It was awful and went straight into the trash. So, I'll do us both a favor and refrain from giving you any pointers! :D

Dan Kent said...

I'm wrestling with acrylic too. But in my wrestling I find I've been too timid and restrained - not wild like you. It's so restrained that I think I'm going to snap a picture of what I've done and then start trying to jazz it up - I will probably ruin it. As for the title - I am not going to touch that, er, well, I think that could be misunderstood, hmmm, a worthy goal for the new year, I think - are we talking new year's goals here?

Dan Kent said...

I just noticed your 12/19 post (I haven't had much time to visit lately) and just had to say - it is excellent!!

Satia said...

I love this. There's something about the curves that make me happy. The figure of the woman is so wonderfully curvy.