2010/08/18

Sketchbook Project, the second.

Two more spreads from my sketchbook. The minimalism goes on, kind of. I think that's due to my total lack of time at the moment (always an excuse at hand...). I'm not too happy with the first one. But, well, it's supposed to be a sketchbook, right?!...


I really like the climbing guy at the left in the second one though. He looks surprisingly human for my sketching skills (REALLY need to practise drawing real people).


Dammit, can anyone read what's in their bubbles? If not, here's a transcription (from left to right):

Outdoorsy guy: "Climbing the K2."
Purple cat: "Noooo way."
Naked girl: "A Sunday in bed with a good book on quantum chemistry..."
Black cat: "applepie "

7 comments:

Maundering mutterer said...

I don't know how you do it! Fantastic sketches and cartoons and rib-tickling humor. Are you good at everything?

Lynn Logan Roselli said...

Amazing. Love your style! So are you good at everything?

Cathy Holtom said...

I think these are fantastic, don't know why you didn't think so! Your climbing man is very realistic/human...I chose my theme because I needed to practice drawing real people too so I know how you feel.

Cathy Holtom said...

Sorry forgot to answer you on my blog..the turtle took a couple of hours and I drew it from a photo I took, I actually drew the lily pond behind him on the day.

Alex said...

Your style is ever-so-cool =) I like the way you present your thoughts on the sketchbook, and your pen work on the car and the expressions are flawless!
I also love the way you do wordings and how you scatter them around and make the audience wonder from one edge to another, and yes the K2 guy is awesome! =)

Ann said...

Fantastic pages! I love the mix of media and styles, along with the words - perfect.

Dan Kent said...

Magnificent! I have no idea how you cannot like the first two pages. The richness of colors on the right, and the interesting page on the left. Excellent. And the other pages are wild, and free and excellent too. Great!