2010/02/13

Sushi sketches and notebook vows

Somebody suggested I buy some better paper as I had complaint about my pens bleeding through the pages of my book. I'm certainly planning to treat myself to some better equipment at some point. However, this will have to wait until after I fulfilled my promise. I challenged myself to fill all the old notebooks I found in my room, proving this way that I'm serious about drawing and that I deserve an expensive sketchbook. Quite some work to do over the next time...


Running sushi today was even more awesome than ever before. They served a lot of new vegan dishes - colorful and delicious! Have I already mentioned that I love it?! Anyways, I did a little sushi-drawing and here is the outcome:
(I took photos instead of scanning because of the unconvenient spiral binding of the tiny sketchbook I used for these - not the best contrast and colors, unfortunately...)




((Does this make me seem sushi-obsessed?))

And even more drawings I did today:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous drawings!!! At this rate- you'll have all those books filled in no time. I smiled when I saw your pile... I have a pile too. Keep sketching- you're great at it!

Dragana Savkov - Bajić said...

I love your sushis! They looks so yummy, especially that on the yellow background! Is that also sushi? Wonderful drawings! I like your confident lines!

Lynn said...

Welcome to the EDM group! I love your sushi drawings, and that little cat on your banner is adorable.

seesue said...

Love your space filled with your terrific sketches. Bookmarking!

Minerva said...

E*phi, thank you for the comments on my blog. Your sketches are wonderful! I really like the way you achieve textures with the black pen.