2010/02/13

Politicians, tiles and my bookshelf

Here are some drawings from last week or so:


I don't know why I drew Gabi Burgstaller (Austrian politician). Definitely not supposed to be political advertisement. I guess because her picture in the newspaper wasn't as small as most of the others. I can't really draw people. I even avoided it as a child. I preferred drawing cartoon characters, animals and freaky machines. So I decided to catch up and practise on people I don't know. I'm always afraid that if I drew somebody I know and it turns out ugly, the person would be offended.


A few days ago, I realized for the first time that there are pictures on two of our kitchen tiles and I had to draw one. I used some old colored pencils I found which can be blurred with water afterwards, but the paper in my sketchbook obviously wasn't meant to get wet.
My sister hadn't noticed the decorated tiles either, which inspired me to a little game: I draw something and she tries to guess where I saw it. A bit like the old children's play "I see something you don't see". I think it might be the same as what is called "I spy with my little eye" in English?

1 comment:

Nora Allsup Gardner said...

I really like the bookshelf drawing. That little bit of color adds a lot of depth.