2010/02/12

Sushi and tea


I'm so looking forward to tomorrow. I'm going to meet some friends at Midori's for running sushi. I sure do love sushi, I can't even decide what I like best from all the dishes. The fried bananas? Daifuku (only because of that great sweet bean paste inside!)? The coconut dessert? Anything with wasabi? The good news is that I don't have to decide - because it's running sushi! I think I might take my sketchbook with me and alienate people by trying to draw some of the colorful food.

Here is my desk lamp (EDM list item #2) which at the same time serves as my pinboard:


More random sketches I did today:

7 comments:

Dragana Savkov - Bajić said...

Your sushi drawing is amazing! Just perfect! The composition, colors, lines... I love everything!

Nora Allsup Gardner said...

I thought you said you had trouble drawing food! The sushi looks great! It made me want to make some sticky rice and roll it up with avocado to eat with lots of wasabi and soy sauce for dinner! Yummy looking!

I love the tea bag drawing too, lovely! :)

Megan said...

I really, really love your style. It's very beautiful.

Unknown said...

All of these sketches are just excellent! And the woman with the curly hair reminds me of Annie Potts.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pages all.

Folarx said...

Nice Maki drawing! I also like the lamp. What kind of colored pens do you use?
I answered your questions about my sketchbook in the commend section of my blog.
If you're not happy with the paper you're using, I highly advise you to treat yourself with a new book with beautiful, thick paper.
I am thinking a lot about drawing paper at the moment, since I am searching for the perfect sketch book for an university excursion to the Caribbeans.
So e-Mail me if you want any advise!

felix/folarx

E*phi said...

Thanks, lovely people!
Actually, the maki drawing is one of the few I really like myself a lot.

@Raena: I have to admit, I need to google "Annie Potts" now! :)

@Folarxfelix: I'm using mostly felt pens and Faber Castell black permanent pens ("Fineliner") in different sizes at the moment. Also Jolly colored pencils (from my childhood still!). Basically I'm using up everything that I re-discovered in my drawers and under cupboards etc. I also love india ink (black, sepia and some colors), but haven't posted any works done with it so far. Right now, I prefer everything that is easily portable (and therefore my drawings are a bit minimalistic).
As for my choice of (crappy) books, I shall post soon about it anyways... ;)
Thanks for you kind offer, I sure will contact you when the time has come to pick my new chosen book! <3