First of all, the second and last part of the "decorated-kitchen-tile series":

Secondly, number three of the edm list - my incredibly kitschy and slightly childish wallet:

And then some doodling to loosen up a bit, because I didn't know what to draw, didn't have much time and started to get this sneaky feeling of "every sketch must be perfect". Feel free to interpret into it whatever you wish. I won't ruin your experience by telling you that it's sheer nonsense.

I found this motorbike parking near our house and had to draw it. Just to challenge myself. I haven't ever tried to draw one before because it just seemed impossibly difficult. It's not very detailed (it was cold outside!) and the perspective is flawed, but I'm still somewhat content with the outcome.

My sketch for the current edm challenge (# 261: something "Winter Olympic"):

His shoe is wrong and also the pose isn't quite right. I also wasn't happy with his face, so I tried a close-up to get his facial expression right. I think it's much better:

Last but not least, my bed (edm #5):

15 comments:
Great sketches. I love your slightly childish wallet.
Wow !! You were definitely busy ! Great pages and congratulations for your ice skater I find him so well drawn!!
great sketches :) I like the one of your bed. I had a bed like that when I was a kid, with all sorts of stuff underneath :)
You are very talented and I love your sketches, The motorbike is really good, and all the others!
Terrific capture, the movement, the intensity in the face, you captured it all with such loose free strokes!
Your sketches are wonderful. I love the way you embrace your inner child.
Nice work! I like the doodle page especially, nonsense or not, and the ice skater is brilliant.
Love the way your line follows the body shape , very nice!
Continued success!
Blimey you've been busy! Your drawings are lovely - I especially love your wallet from this particular selection! Really glad to have found your work and looking forward to seeing lots more...
These are all wonderful, wonderful sketches! You do amazing work even in your doodles! They have a consistent high quality about them. I couldn't tell you which is my fave, I'd be stuck between the wallet, the room, the doodles, and the motorcycle! Did I leave anything out?
As for the question you asked on my post, I don't spend much time sketching the portraits usually. The one of my husband in the grass only took about 5 minutes to sketch. The paint took about thirty. But, I've done some other portraits, more detailed, that took probably about fifteen minutes to sketch.
Every one of your sketches is unique and very well done. The foreshortening on the skater is really good, the motorcycle is great (you got all the parts in there!); I love your doodle page - especially the hippo, and your wallet is sweet! Good for you!! nancy
The joy of the sketch. Really great pieces.
You've got such a terrific eye - and your hand too :) You are at conveying motion, the kinetic energy still comes through even in the close-up version. All your pages are a treat to see.
Oh, I forgot the Olympic skater!! He's awesome too!
I love all of those wonderful sketches! Girl, you are very, very, very talented!
Post a Comment