2012/04/15

The jeans dilemma

And this is why I hate shopping for pants. And why when I do find a fitting pair I wear it till the bitter end when it falls from my ass in rags.

(bigger view on flicker *clickclick*)

I was going to say, I'm not made to fit into jeans. But really the thing is: jeans are not made to fit my behind and my waist at the same time. Be cursed, jeans industry!
It's time for spring and skirt season.

6 comments:

Satia said...

This is exactly how I go through the process, right down to that damn gap in the back. The only difference is I don't wear short skirts anymore. :)

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Oh I hear you!!! I hate pant shopping and bra shopping is as much as fun as that... Avoid it as much as I can, but like you I have find something after the old pair fell off. Love the drawings though, great layout and the faces are fantastic!!! Best of luck with next shopping trip.

Dan Kent said...

You are the most excellent cartoonist! Great drawings - just superb, and that inky spread you have going in the background is just marvelous.

E*phi said...

Haha, good to know I'm not the only one suffering. But seriously, why do they make those odd shapes? I mean sure different people have different waist-to-ass ratios but skinny legs and a bulge of fat on the lower back?!
@Satia: longer skirts work just as fine. :)
@.:Yeah, I feel you, don't get me started with bras... ^^° (actually, I once even made a comic strip about it: http://ephilog.blogspot.de/2011/01/bra-blem.html - although the padding thing is not the only problem...)
@Dan: Aww, thanks! Oh, and I'm glad you like the intricate background. I call it the inky spread of jeansy doom. ;D

Jenny Dixon said...

Oh goodness, this is too funny. So many of us can relate. I love your drawing style, your character smacks of comic frustration. My daughter is in fashion design, I keep telling her there is an untapped market out there, LOL.
www.creativedejavustudio.com

nanke's stuff said...

And That's why I Hate to Shop for Clothes .... Any Kind of Clothes!!! lol Well done, and well said. nancy