2010/06/05

Reason #2 and #3


The next two pages of my new project.

20 comments:

bettyfromtexas said...

BEAUTIFUL sketches . . . such a lovely ear :-) I have to go back and see reason 1.

Satia said...

Did you really use a ballpoint pen for this? I ask because I have self-portrait my daughter did with a ballpoint pen and I love it so much I framed it. I just know that ballpoint pens are unforgiving in many ways so maybe that is why I find this remarkable.

E*phi said...

Thanks, Betty! <3

@Satia: Yes! I promise I used a ball-point pen. It's my favorite and rather new. It was a present of a friend and it's really good and doesn't blob as much as those free promotion pens I usually have. And yes, still, it *can* be really unforgiving... ^^ But it's good practise for my inner perfectionist who otherwise always wants to erase again and again until the paper is totally worn through because this and that is not perfect etc. :)

Satia said...

I posted the pic in my blog. She says she did it in like 10 or 15 minutes which I believe. I've seen her sketch and she can move pretty fast.

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

I really like this, neat lay-out and the work is very good (love the ear). Well done!!

rrARTz said...

really, really well done!!!! i am amazed at what details can be done in ballpoint pen!

Cathy Holtom said...

These are amazing, I love them both.
Very well done and with a biro!

Sarah said...

Two very lovely pages - I like the way you have drawn the photo edges too. I love drawing with biros - I think they can produce quite a range of tones.

Sandra said...

Really like your ballpoint pen pieces. There is so much life in what you have drawn.

Dan Kent said...

Excellent, excellent! The hair is just perfect - that's what I saw first. Wow. And the ear and the foot too. Love the way this is coming along.

Janene said...

Fantastic in every way!

Timaree said...

Well I think when you find a medium that suits you it's time to work with it. These are great pages. I like the penwork but also the design layout.

Bénédicte said...

Beautiful drawings, the details are incredible, and the framing. also a nice shade of blue. Great project!

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Dan--that HAIR! Wow! Terrific pages. What kind of ballpoint are you using?

donna said...

This is incredible work. I am looking forward to the 97 more body parts!

E*phi said...

Oh wow, I think that's about the most comments I ever got on a post! You are the loveliest commenters ever! <3

@raena: It's a "Parker" ballpoint pen. I got it from a friend but he says you can buy them in practically every shop that sells stationary. (I think I've never had a store-bought ballpoint pen before... ^-^ )

Alex said...

The hair is awesome! =) You're amazing with ballpoint pens!

debra morris said...

Beautiful ears and hair....love the eye too! Think you're worth way more than $13.95

Mary said...

The detail in the hair is fabulous, I can't believe it was done with a ballpoint pen!

CarmenT said...

I love it when people can draw "realistically" so well.

Your talent makes it well worth it as well as your self-esteem. (I don't know if that last sentence made the sense I wanted it to but I hope you get the idea).

Keep up the excellent work. On to Reason #4.